Puerto Galera Yacht Club
This is the home of the Cruising Yacht Club of the Philippines
We are located on the northeast coast of Mindoro Island, Philippines, inside a historic, natural typhoon shelter at approximately N13° 30.75' E120° 57.25'
The Puerto Galera Yacht Club welcomes sailing yachts and luxury motor yachts from Asia and all around the World, to enjoy our unique hospitality and our focus on all things sailing; come tie-up at our typhoon-safe moorings and pull-up a stool at the bar for the best introduction to the Philippines the sailing center of Equator Asia.
In November 2004 Puerto Galera was accepted as a member of
The Club Of The Most Beautiful Bays In The World
and remains the only ’most beautiful bays member‘ from the Philippines.
In these pages you will discover a thousand reasons to visit the Puerto Galera Yacht Club and more information than you hoped for about Philippines sailing, dinghy sailing, windsurfing, scuba diving, snorkelling and all other water sports in the Philippines.
Prefer to give us a call first?
landline +63 43 287-3401; mobile +63 917 520-5874
Very Latest PGYC News
Regatta Week Puerto Galera
Regatta Week Events Schedule
- Sat 22nd / Sun 23rd Oct- SBP Junior Sailors Regatta. PGYC kids vs PSA Manila kids
- Mon 24th Oct - Kids Mini Golf Tournament . . . kids of all ages are invited :-)
- Wed 26th Oct - Curry Buffet and a Nautical themed quiz. (A teaser for you: What was the name of the Cruise ship in the movie "The Poseidon Adventure?")
- Thu 27th Oct - Yacht Club Golf Tournament at Ponderosa Golf Course . . . enjoy the best view from any golf course on the panet
- Fri 28th Oct - Regatta Registration / Meet & Greet evening at PGYC . . . great chance to meet your fellow sailors and buy the handicapper a beer!
- Sat 29th Oct - First Day of Racing, followed by SBP regatta awards presentation and Dinner
- Sun 30th Oct - Second day of Racing followed by Fancy Dress Halloween Party and Dinner
- Mon 31st Oct - Third and last day of Racing followed by ASR Awards Presentation and Dinner
- Tues 1st Nov - All Souls Day and a Public Holiday, we plan to enjoy an leisurely sail around to Ensenda and have a BBQ on the beach and discuss where we went wrong.
There is no better palace on planet Earth to spend you Halloween week than in Puerto Galera.
All Souls Regatta & 25th Anniversary Celebration
The next Big event on the sailing calendar is the 2016 All Souls Regatta and 25th Anniversary Party. Almost everyone who has been a member of the Puerto Galera Yacht Club is expected to arrive for the 2016 All Souls Regatta because we shall also be celebrating the Club’s 25th Anniversary; superb Verde Passage racing and awesome anniversary parties galore. Welcome party 28th followed by three days of racing 29th, 30th and 31st October, 2016. Don’t miss it!
If you do not own a yacht but want to participate in the All Souls Regatta as crew then that is fine too. There are always yachts looking for extra crew and some yachts will take newbies and experience seekers. If you are crew, newbie or experience seeker then you just have to contact the yacht club office and they will put your name on the list.
press here for more PGYC News
The Puerto Galera Yacht Club knows almost everything there is to know about Puerto Galera and sailing in the Philippines, so please use this search facility if what you are looking for is not immediately obvious.